k8@ACCHS chemistry

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Los Colores en Mi Cocina


Lately, my staple morning delight has been a fabulous smoothie with an all organic combo of the following: a whole papaya or mango, a whole banana, frozen or fresh blueberries, rice/soy milk, vanilla yogurt, spirulina, flax oil, bee pollen, and dried dates. yuuuuummm! love it. For lunch I've been diggin on a mixed greens salad with fresh yellow sweet corn, crumbled goat cheese, fresh blackberries, facon bacon (or maybe real salami), and a balsamic dressing. In the middle of the day (and the heat) if i have time, i like to make a fresh squeezed carrot/beet/ginger/lemon juice. Dinner may be something like cous cous with roasted garlic, spinach, tomatoes, and onions. I'm pretty good at using whatever's around and mixin it up big time! As you can see, I really like eating an array of colors, and although I'm a big lover of yellow foods: butter, honey, pasta, bread, peanut butter, tuna, cheese, i try to throw in a bunch of other rich and colorful ingredients to blend it into a healthy meal. Whether it's psychological or scientific i FEEL better when i eat foods with dark vibrant colors and new combinations that i haven't tried before. Eat on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home